Forums > Kitesurfing General

Video to celebrate 20years in 2020.

Created by sir ROWDY > 9 months ago, 10 Apr 2021
sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
10 Apr 2021 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Just a little vid I put together to trick people into giving me huge sums of money.

Bonus interview about all that money here - www.knotfuture.com/post/celebrating-twenty-years-kiteboarding-with-a-rowdy-video-part-and-interview?fbclid=IwAR2n_pBz65UlrLroRQpKsKVfHezPO2uUSkym83zwl7FlTzIrNSKpJtqUgt0

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
10 Apr 2021 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

That was refreshing. So much better than the same ol' regurgitations from European shores. You're on my ****-list though Rowdy for riding a wakeskate in the waves better than I can on a SB

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 1:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riddim1 said..
That was refreshing. So much better than the same ol' regurgitations from European shores. You're on my ****-list though Rowdy for riding a wakeskate in the waves better than I can on a SB

Surely you can give me a pass for my 20th .

Plummet
4862 posts
11 Apr 2021 1:40AM
Thumbs Up

Nice. Yourve got some strapless/wakeskate skills going on.

I was waiting for the boost to the moon section but it never came...... That's what I want to see next.

Also since your a wave man that likes swing both ways with a bit of TT action in the waves too I recon you should lay your hands on one of the new mutant TT's and smash out some laps on one of those.

PS It's weird to see someone wearing shoes kitesurfing.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 2:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

I was waiting for the boost to the moon section but it never came...... That's what I want to see next.

Also since your a wave man that likes swing both ways with a bit of TT action in the waves too I recon you should lay your hands on one of the new mutant TT's and smash out some laps on one of those.

Cheers man!

I've spent enough days doing boosts kiting, I don't think I will ever spend time or effort on filming that because it just doesn't interest me that much, but you never know...

I'm not really a fan of small boards like that, or that particular shape (or straps). I do have a 159 snow style shape (Wraith) that rides pretty nice as a quasi directional -

p.s.
Things seem weird until they don't seem weird, people Skateboarding in shorts used to seem weird to me to.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 2:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

Cheers man!

I've spent enough days doing boosts kiting, I don't think I will ever spend time or effort on filming that because it just doesn't interest me that much, but you never know...

I'm not really a fan of small boards like that, or that particular shape (or straps). I do have a 159 snow style shape (Wraith) that rides pretty nice as a quasi directional -

p.s.
Things seem weird until they don't seem weird, people Skateboarding in shorts used to seem weird to me to.

towradgi
NSW, 424 posts
11 Apr 2021 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Great entertaining vid of the most sponsored / paid kiter in Oz. Who never boasts about it . Great skills and progression . Liked the strapless and barless waveriding at 1.17 wotz that called ? Big roostertails at 3.27 waveriding a wakeskate ? Sir Rowdy always delivers for others to aspire to. Such an enigma . Instead of moving on to new sports such as rally driving ,he has stayed true to his passion and kept kiting .

stamp
QLD, 2757 posts
11 Apr 2021 7:13AM
Thumbs Up

i'm just disappointed that there wasn't a single fashion air, gayley or benihana. get it together tweak

theDoctor
NSW, 5765 posts
11 Apr 2021 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

that was really good
happy 20th

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
towradgi said..
Great entertaining vid of the most sponsored / paid kiter in Oz. Who never boasts about it . Great skills and progression . Liked the strapless and barless waveriding at 1.17 wotz that called ? Big roostertails at 3.27 waveriding a wakeskate ? Sir Rowdy always delivers for others to aspire to. Such an enigma . Instead of moving on to new sports such as rally driving ,he has stayed true to his passion and kept kiting .

Hahaha. I appreciate the kind words! I'm not the most paid or sponsored though I don't think, Keahi, Ewan, Ben Wilson have all made way above me I'm sure, I actually make very little from sponsorship.
Yeah not sure what that sports called but I think it could get popular .
Glad you see why I'm doing it!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stamp said..
i'm just disappointed that there wasn't a single fashion air, gayley or benihana. get it together tweak

You didn't see the posed Method? Basically the new fashion air .

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theDoctor said..

that was really good
happy 20th

Thank you Dr. I appreciate it!

Plummet
4862 posts
11 Apr 2021 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said..

Plummet said..

Cheers man!

p.s.

Nice. That kinda like a Mako.

Plummet
4862 posts
11 Apr 2021 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
theDoctor said..

that was really good
happy 20th

Wowa.

I literally spat my dinner out in suprize.

Thedoctor with an actual compliment without mocking......... something has gone array with the spacetime continuem.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Nice. That kinda like a Mako.

Size wise it's similar to a mako, but everything else is pretty different about it. It has parabolic rails (like a snaowboard), rounder tips, a flat base and a lot more flex than a Mako. It's basically like riding a powder snowboard on the water, I think people who like snowboarding would enjoy it, people who just want a "normal" feeling board not so much. Mako on the other hand is all about grip and slicing through the water with an aggressive single concave, narrower tips/ overall shape and stiffer construction.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Apr 2021 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

theDoctor said..

that was really good
happy 20th

Wowa.

I literally spat my dinner out in suprize.

Thedoctor with an actual compliment without mocking......... something has gone array with the spacetime continuem.

It's bound to happen once in 20years, give the man a break!

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
12 Apr 2021 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Great vid. Great to see you focusing on your style as opposed to the usual insta kite rubbish that we normally see.

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
12 Apr 2021 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Very slick and innovating riding. it looks like you are having fun, and that to me is the whole goal. Keep it up and thanks for sharing

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
12 Apr 2021 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said..
Great vid. Great to see you focusing on your style as opposed to the usual insta kite rubbish that we normally see.

Cheers man, thanks for the words! Unfortunately insta rubbish or things that get a maximum amount of mainstream likes is all kitebrands really seem to care about these days... so get ready to see a lot more of it.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
12 Apr 2021 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafish said..
Very slick and innovating riding. it looks like you are having fun, and that to me is the whole goal. Keep it up and thanks for sharing

Thanks man! Yep, if I wasn't having fun I'd quit because I'm certainly not doing it for fame or fortune! haha.

loco4olas
NSW, 1510 posts
15 Apr 2021 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid.

Where is the tropic stuff, and where are you going right in WA!

loco4olas
NSW, 1510 posts
15 Apr 2021 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vid.

Peahi
VIC, 1467 posts
15 Apr 2021 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

sick edit. great effects and music. enjoyed it so much I had to watch it again.

surely some lazy east coast footage in the waves.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
16 Apr 2021 2:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
loco4olas said..
Nice vid.

Cheers man! Tropic stuff was Maldives. Waves were EA!!!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
16 Apr 2021 2:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Peahi said..
sick edit. great effects and music. enjoyed it so much I had to watch it again.

surely some lazy east coast footage in the waves.

Thanks man! Glad to entertain some people!

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
19 Apr 2021 6:04AM
Thumbs Up

It's outrageous how much water you move with your wakeskate. So much spray!
well done sir

Capt.Gumby
QLD, 340 posts
19 Apr 2021 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Great vid as usual! Loving the tray in the waves, epic stuff!

Tacrolimus
NSW, 8 posts
24 Apr 2021 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

That was inspirational,loved it...watched many times and still not done with it.Tempted to try my Vape without the foil and straps but it may be an ugly trip to progression!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Video to celebrate 20years in 2020." started by sir ROWDY