Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Crazyfly Raptor LTD 2020 & Extremee

Created by BillTotal > 9 months ago, 30 Nov 2019
BillTotal
QLD, 50 posts
30 Nov 2019 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone tested or owns the latest Crazyfly Raptor Ltd 2020 Twin Tip? Looking to get one for boosting in high winds. But there isn't too much info available.

MikaelB
NSW, 7 posts
30 Nov 2019 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

I have not tried it, but I do have a 2017 model, used once - bought brand new from kitepower 5 months ago. Happy to sell it for 400.

TouristPilot
WA, 3 posts
11 Apr 2020 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey I'm interested in the board

oscar1
84 posts
18 May 2020 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BillTotal said..
Anyone tested or owns the latest Crazyfly Raptor Ltd 2020 Twin Tip? Looking to get one for boosting in high winds. But there isn't too much info available.

Only have the 2018 one, Fantastic board, Great pop, Super smooth landings and top notch quality.

BillTotal
QLD, 50 posts
26 May 2020 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

I went for the extreme, excellent board.fast & really good for loading up for big jumps.
Sold the raptor ltd.

Penfold
WA, 2 posts
24 Aug 2020 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

I have the 2017 model and I love it, it's a super smooth ride, however I find it to be a little power hungry, it doesn't give you as much pop as other boards might, I put this down to the rough finish on the bottom of the board, I think it creates a lot of turbulence under the board which makes for a comfortable ride but makes it hard to release the board From the water for a good pop.

Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
29 Aug 2020 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

I have just taken delivery of my Raptor Extreme, and Had 3 sessions, totalling 3.5 hrs, first 2 were in big chop / high tide Conditions and was very impressed and today in relatively moderate to smooth water. I went for the Nash Apex pads/straps as I have used them for years and wasn't disappointed, top notch. Coming from a line of carbon boards re North Team Series and recently the Nash Drive which I loved, but it was time to move on after having riden a few models of the Monarch. My search started for a faster board with great grip but didn't splash you in the face and was acceptable in the chop.
i had read the recent kite mag reviews which prompted me to ring around notable kite shops in Australia that previously sold and we're current CrazyFly dealers which confirmed, I was on the right track. A bit of a gamble ! as I normally only buy what I try. I ordered it through the local dealer.
I totally recommend it with high points in all areas, especially Big Air. The grip/ speed control and final release / pop was the best I have experienced and was always in total control.
I have the 135/41 and have just fitted wth G10 fins, all round a perfect combination for me at 80 Kgs in varied wind strengths re maximum 25 kts and kite size from 10-12-15.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Crazyfly Raptor LTD 2020 & Extremee" started by BillTotal