Forums > Windsurfing General

Green Island. 2021. Game On.

Created by GINats > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2021
GINats
QLD, 111 posts
23 Apr 2021 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Time to break out. More Panoramic. Less Pandemic. See you on the Reef.

__ www.greenislandnats.org __

Mitch Pearson
QLD, 270 posts
23 Apr 2021 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Can't wait! Got a good group from Bayside Sailboard Club going.

DarrylG
WA, 494 posts
23 Apr 2021 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Looks interesting How deep is it ??

ausbinny
150 posts
23 Apr 2021 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DarrylG said..

Depends on the tide, on a 1.5 - 2.0m tide the sailing area is protected by the reef and is between knee - chest deep

Boston!
NSW, 248 posts
23 Apr 2021 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DarrylG said..

Not deep enough, unfortunately.

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
23 Apr 2021 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Think fins, not foils.
Foils you'd want to be pretty intimate with the reef layout,
if you didn't want the reef to "get intimate" with your foil.

DarrylG
WA, 494 posts
23 Apr 2021 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Great, so that is not a no to foils :))
Maybe need to find a shorter mast ??

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
23 Apr 2021 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Best news day in 12 months! Simply a great week away on and off the water. Fantastic conditions including warm water, consistent winds, well organised racing and great event coverage. Check out the fantastic images and videos from pervious years and if that doesn't sell it I don't know what would.

Can't wait to hit the water off Green Island in July!

AUS4
NSW, 1249 posts
24 Apr 2021 6:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
muz720 said..
Best news day in 12 months! Simply a great week away on and off the water. Fantastic conditions including warm water, consistent winds, well organised racing and great event coverage. Check out the fantastic images and videos from pervious years and if that doesn't sell it I don't know what would.

Can't wait to hit the water off Green Island in July!

Who's going to look after the Newcastle sand castle construction?

jusavina
QLD, 1438 posts
24 Apr 2021 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DarrylG said..
Great, so that is not a no to foils :))
Maybe need to find a shorter mast ??

36cm mast?

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
24 Apr 2021 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

. Over Pandemics ?? ... Solution : enjoy another "Zoom" meeting !!!

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
27 Apr 2021 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

. Social Distancing. Competitors are reminded of the need to maintain required safe distancing during all activities ;)

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
30 Apr 2021 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

. Lockdown ; Green Island style.. ;)

( hands up who's gonna take a guess at the next one ;) ??)

Dezza
NSW, 919 posts
30 Apr 2021 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Please use the sanitizer SPRAY

muz720
NSW, 81 posts
30 Apr 2021 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

I'd be Green with envy if I didn't go this year and they got conditions like the last events

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
2 May 2021 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

. Ummm... how about " Coming out of Lockdown" ??? ;)

. . . Sorry Muz, too good not to play that one ;) !!

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
3 May 2021 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Such a great place for an event, so much to do before and after also, or if you want to included partners, family and or friends , Australia's winter paradise

snorkel962
QLD, 447 posts
4 May 2021 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

When do registrations open? I'm there!!

Aus.955
WA, 12 posts
4 May 2021 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all I am over here in west aus and looking for some accommodation and being 17 I am unable to book by myself I am wondering if i could get some shared accommodation with someone. thanks Jake

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
4 May 2021 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

hey Jake, there are a few people that may be looking for roommates in 2-3br apartments in town , so there will be some affordable options even if its couch surfing at one ..., also there is a HEAP of cheap good backpacker accom options right in town , short walk to the harbour....
everyone is just starting to get organised now , if you get stuck drop me a direct message and I will see if i can put you in touch with a match ... just so you know, once you have your gear on the island it stays there all week...so no need to be carting stuff around everyday!

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
4 May 2021 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snorkel962 said..
When do registrations open? I'm there!!

think they will be online and open within a week or so , keep an eye out greenislandnats.org/

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
10 May 2021 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

For the uninitiated

After hours there is plenty of options for food, wine, song and dance , from classy to ,well ....down right tacky ...:(
here are just a few options ,(far too many to list !) in between there are a heap of really good value eats around town, any cuisine you can think of, from really cheap at the markets , to super stylish and classy .....if you need to you can just stock up at the late night woolies in town to save $$

maybe this list should be titled from older to younger ? I have tried a few of these below with 'variable' results!:)

Something for everyone, all ages and energy levels! ...just don't be late for the boat in the morning!

Tip....Pace yourself, its a long week !

9now.nine.com.au/my-way/prawn-star/e805dfaa-3621-4a47-92e3-ae5bd4b8c01e

If you have any energy left at the end of the week you can expel it here !

KJ
VIC, 156 posts
13 May 2021 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

make sure you go biking after the event; just broke my collar bone last week, GI no go for me this year. Might come up and watch and hang out though

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
13 May 2021 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

yep Bike is last .....for reasons just like yours!
Shame about the C/Bone , you should make a recovery in time though?

You will be joining the list of ' cobbled together and held together with Elastoplast' to get through the event .... me included, i'm on a very long haul arm repair.... (was told spring , I'm planning on fast tracking that ! :)
....pain killers, ice , strapping ...massage , more ice , alcohol with ice , alcohol what ice? .... you'll be be fine, I'm a doctor , not ! :)

KJ
VIC, 156 posts
14 May 2021 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JonesySail said..
yep Bike is last .....for reasons just like yours!
Shame about the C/Bone , you should make a recovery in time though?

You will be joining the list of ' cobbled together and held together with Elastoplast' to get through the event .... me included, i'm on a very long haul arm repair.... (was told spring , I'm planning on fast tracking that ! :)
....pain killers, ice , strapping ...massage , more ice , alcohol with ice , alcohol what ice? .... you'll be be fine, I'm a doctor , not ! :)

thanks for the reply Jonesy, i hope your arm recovers in time.

i suppose, alcohol and ice would go together well up there given the warm weather

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
14 May 2021 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Looking at the above videos, people may get the wrong impression ;) ?? After all, the action's on The Reef, right ??
Benchmark for the original GI Nats party boy award (yes, there have been - and will be- others) should probably be..

Gotta be a challenge there.. Try and top off some of that Gilligan's Glory.... Game On. Indeed.

AUS4
NSW, 1249 posts
14 May 2021 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GINats said..

Looking at the above videos, people may get the wrong impression ;) ?? After all, the action's on The Reef, right ??
Benchmark for the original GI Nats party boy award (yes, there have been - and will be- others) should probably be..

Gotta be a challenge there.. Try and top off some of that Gilligan's Glory.... Game On. Indeed.

I hope there's plenty of racing on the water, maybe that will stop Muzz standing around on the beach picking his nose !!!

TerryA
WA, 98 posts
14 May 2021 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

All that partying looks like, right up Jakes ally!!!!!!

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
15 May 2021 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Some mornings, well... it might take that little extra to get into top gear......
He'll assure you all it was just a rough trip out ;) Your mileage may vary.

He never missed a heat. Truly.

GINats
QLD, 111 posts
15 May 2021 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Oh yes, so, back to the main event.. Didn't matter where, when the action was on, Luke was in the thick of it...

__billycraigphotograpghy__

JonesySail
QLD, 1061 posts
16 May 2021 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Not a bad start to the season!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Green Island. 2021. Game On." started by GINats